It has been a month since our last medical update and boy do we have some news to report! Here are the major highlights:
- At last report, Rhema had some congestion and fluid build-up in her ear that was thought to be an indication of early signs of an ear infection. The following week, both the congestion and the fluid build-up was gone. Thank you Jesus for even helping us with the typical baby challenges!
- Rhema has been doing amazingly well with her progress with regard to physical therapy. Not only has she grown way beyond her current splints, but her lower-body muscles have become quite strong. Her therapists and physiatrist (a medical doctor who specializes in physical medicine, rehabilitation, and pain medicine) have been amazed at how strong and advanced she is despite her physical set-back. In fact, physical therapy aside, Rhema is exhibiting developmental milestones several months ahead of the average 3 month-old.
- And now for the big one… THIS IS HUGE!!! Keep in mind that we were told originally that Rhema would be confined to a wheel chair all of her life amongst other things. Well, a few days ago her physiatrist evaluated her and blew us away with her assessment. The doctor said that given Rhema’s current status and ability, casting will not be necessary to correct her feet. So with splints and minimal bracing, she will eventually be able to walk on her own! In fact, the doctor said to go ahead and sign her up for girl scouts and nature walks!
THANK YOU JESUS!
This is all fantastic news, but we are not out of the woods yet. We believe that continued victory in all areas will only come through diligent prayer and through the miracle power of Christ Jesus. For those of you who continue to stand with us in Christ Jesus, please pray for:
- Strength to her legs and feet to be able to support her frame as she learns to walk.
- Continued victory and strength to her immunity system.
- Proper drainage of her brain fluid and proper functioning of her shunt device.
- Life to her internal organs.
- Maturity of her autonomic nervous system (Neuro connectivity to be established between her brain and all organs, limbs, tissues, muscles, etc. with special focus on her bladder, bowels, ankles, feet and toes.)
- The creation miracle power of our Lord, Jesus Christ to manifest and that He may be glorified through this process.